Come shop for fresh, local and seasonal fruits and vegetables, pasture-raised meats, eggs, cheese, bread and baked goods, wine, coffee, artisan goods and more. SNAP proudly accepted.
Every Saturday, now through October 15, 9am to 1pm
The Common, First Street, Pittsfield
Join us from 11am to 1pm for live music with Reinhardt and Ciccarelli.
- To help local constituents sign-up for the free transponders, State Representative Tricia Farley-Bouvier is hosting the Massachusetts Department of Transportation’s E-ZPass Van at this Saturday’s market! Drivers who use an E-ZPass transponder will soon pay a discounted toll, so we encourage anyone who does not currently have one to come obtain one, free of cost.
- See what’s on the schedule for this season’s Pittsfield Shakespeare in the Park.
- Get your own balloon creation from Balloon Ben.
Farmers and food producers
Assembly Coffee Roasters: bagged coffee beans, hot and iced coffee
Balderdash Cellars: wine
Brattle Farm: vegetables, meat, honey, wool
Cricket Creek Farm: artisanal cheese, meat, bread, grilled cheese sandwiches
Elmartin Farm: meat, grilled hamburgers
Fillmore Farms: vegetables
Four Courners Farm: fruit and vegetables
Hilltop Orchards: fruit, baked goods, preserves, spreads, pickles, honey, cheese, cider, wine and more
Mountain Girl Farm: eggs, preserves, goat’s milk products
Nourish The Sheep: paninis, wraps, fresh-made drinks, low-sugar desserts, vacuum-sealed freezer meals
Pittsfield Rye & Specialty Breads Co: freshly baked bread and rolls
Square Roots Farm: meat, vegetables, eggs, sheep skins
Taft Farms: vegetables, fruit, seedlings, baked goods, cut flowers
The Sweetish Baker: baked goods
Trusted Roots Farm: vegetables, seedlings, eggs
Uprising Farm: vegetables, fruit, wild foods, herbs, cut flowers, eggs
White Goose Gardens: vegetables, microgreens, maple syrup
Windy Ridge Farm: vegetables, fruit, microgreens, seedlings
Julie’s This & That: crocheted, knitted, woven rugs and dog beds and more
Melanie Sullivan: beaded jewelry
Soasa: handmade beaded jewelry and accessories
Things That Work: naturally derived home and body care, handspun yarn and wool products
Wellness Day Fun!
Many thanks to The Berkshire Kripalu Community for sponsoring last weekend’s Wellness Day and to all who provided an activity and those who came out to support us. It was one of our busiest market day’s ever!!
With a group run, zumba, yoga, NIA, salsa, PiYo, massage, chef demo and sampling, health palm readings, blood pressure screenings, “10 Powerful Lifestyle Tips for Health” with Dr. Mark Pettus and more… it was amazing.
Secrets of a Seasonal Cook:
Watermelon Salad with Feta Cheese and Mint
- 1 watermelon
- 1 5-oz container feta cheese
- 3-4 sprigs of mint, chopped
- Slice watermelon into rounds
- Cut off green rind
- Slice into triangular wedges
- Sprinkle feta cheese and chopped mint on top
- Serve and enjoy!
Did you know?
Don’t spit out the seeds! Watermelon seeds can provide small, but over time useful, amounts of both iron and zinc.
* Photo and recipe by Cara Cummings at The Land Connection